Thursday, May 7, 2009

Done for the Year

I am so ready to be out of here.  It is always that way, the end of every semester.  You let the work pile up on top of exams and papers.  And I have 10 weeks of camp to look forward to.  It's not that I don't like school, or even the learning part.  I enjoy it all.  I think it is that I know the year is over.  My mind knows what the deadline is, and has for months.  I guess it is all relative.

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity."
-Albert Einstein

It's the same when you have to go to the bathroom.  You can hold it for 15 minutes in the car, but the 5 seconds unlocking the door is hell.  So, we (at least I) mentally set myself to deadlines.  It's even how I consciously set up timetables when I do assignments, always using the last second.

What does this say for how we live our lives?  Always anticipating or dreading the next deadline?  Can we just enjoy every second we have, or is it our tendency to look ahead [and behind]??

No comments: